Thursday, May 3, 2007

ester as of this morning


the anticipation of a new project: learning the feel of a new yarn, discovering its little flecks of color, figuring out the rhythms of a new pattern. as anne of green gables says, "Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

i love the cable cast-on: flexible but sturdy. my first few tries were too tight--it seems to require a loose loop.

several times already i've come across little bits of straw spun into this aran tweed, reminding me of our dear friends' new jersey farm. they don't have sheep yet--but perhaps my agriculturally-minded husband d.and i should add a sheep or two to our suburban pasture...

ester
cast on 05-02-07

yarn debbie bliss donegal aran tweed
#10
pattern alice bell

knit-along

1 comment:

nuttnbunny said...

What a lovely blog.

I've always wanted to try a Debbie Bliss yarn. Will have to add to my to-do list.

Let me know if you want to change you link on the ester page to this blog :-)